Monday, August 13, 2012

Name List: Characters of Clara Bow

I've been super busy lately, so I'm making a supplemental post to my previous one to make up for the lack of blog posts. I thought I'd list the names of some of the characters Clara Bow has played. Clara Bow was the Hollywood "It"-girl of the 1920s, gaining fame from her silent films. She was spunky, and expressive; the cartoon character Betty Boop was modeled after her.

Clara Bow photo courtesy of  slightlyterrific 
Virginia (Beyond the Rainbow)
Orchid (Grit)
Margot (Poisoned Paradise: The Forbidden Story of Monte Carlo)
Lila (Daughters of Pleasure)
Rosalie (Empty Hearts)
Aline (This Woman)
Rena (Eve's Lover)
Grizette (Kiss Me Again)
Prudence (My Lady of Whims)
Kittens (Dancing Mothers)
Alverna (Mantrap)
Kitty (Children of Divorce)
Hula (Hula)
Yvonne (Ladies of the Mob)
Trixie (The Fleet's In)
Stella (The Wild Party)
Gladys (Three Weekends)
Mayme (The Saturday Night Kid)
Pepper (Love Among the Millionaires)
Nasa (Call Her Savage)

Which one is your favorite? I'm partial to Margot, Yvonne, and Pepper.

1 comment:

  1. My favourite would have to be either Margot or Kitty.

    ReplyDelete